To say it simply, Guarana is an important ingredient of energy drinks.
What it is and where does it come from?
It is a natural product that is extracted from the plant Guarana. This plant exists in the Amazon forests of Brazil and locals have been using it for centuries for various purposes. It offers diuretic properties and is also quite effective in terms of getting rid of headaches, body cramps and fever.
However, with our latest technology and extensive research work, we found many other purposes for the plant. One of these is the amount of caffeine that exists in the seed of the plant. So as compared to coffee beans, the seeds of Guarana have around double the amount of caffeine. Therefore, it has been effective against headaches and we now use it in energy drinks.
In addition to this, it also has a rich amount of anti-oxidants. Thus, the presence of natural stimulants improves your performance. So you can focus more on your work. So, if you are interested in faq what is guarana and its role, you can get the details from suddenrushguarana.com.
But is it really safe to use?
You must have heard a lot that energy drinks are not safe for daily use. And because Guarana is an important component of these drinks, it is natural that you look for whether it is safe to use or not. Plus, it has double the amount of caffeine. So if you depend too much on such drinks, they might start affecting your daily life. Therefore, you should know whether you can intake it or not. If yes, then how much amount for a daily intake?
These are the questions that you should get an answer to. So let’s look for them.
The right dosage
If you are taking guarana medicine, of course, your doctor will recommend the necessary dosage. However, if you are taking something like an energy drink that contains guarana, you should not exceed the safe limit. And the safe limit is 75 to 100 milligrams per day. Therefore, whatever you are taking, make sure that you do not exceed 100 mg a day.
Usually, the medicines are prescribed for a maximum of one month. Therefore, foods and drinks won’t have this much amount in them. You can have one serving of a drink a day that contains guarana. The amount will be within safe limits. However, if you are exceeding your number of servings per day, you might experience side effects.
Although it is a natural product and has no serious side effects. But you should also know that excess of even the good things is bad for you. So if you have been taking too much guarana in your daily food intake and it has been more than a month then you might already have been experiencing some symptoms. They include diarrhea, nervousness, irritation in your stomach and you might also suffer from insomnia.
If you are taking a daily amount of 75 mg or less then you might not get any side effects. However, if you are taking more than 100 or around 400 mg daily and it’s been a month then you will suffer from serious consequences.
Guarana is safe for short-term use. But if you start consuming a high amount for a longer period, you will experience the following;
- Stomach ulcer or irritation (in mild cases)
What should you avoid while you are taking guarana?
If your doctor has recommended you the medicine for a short time, you can take it. However, if you are already taking any medicine, make sure to inform him. Certain medicines do not end well when they interact with each other. And similarly, guarana is also one of those medicines.
- You should never even take guarana with Ephedrine. If taken together, they will seriously affect your nervous system and boost its speed. If taken separately, this boost is not that bad. However, when combined, the impact can be life-threatening. Furthermore, it can also result in causing heart problems.
- If you are taking Adenosine then guarana will stop its effect. Usually, doctors recommend Adenosine to patients who have to take their cardiac stress test. Therefore, if you are going to do that, you should stop taking guarana at least 24 hours before.
- Cimetidine, Clozapine and Disulfiram. All three are responsible for decreasing the efficiency of our body to break down caffeine. Therefore, if you are taking these medicines, you should avoid guarana. Otherwise, the lack of breakdown will results in causing increased heartbeat, headache and even jitters.
In addition to all these, some other medicines can show enhanced effects or get their impact decreased. Therefore, consult a doctor before taking a combination of medicines.
Especially, if you are taking anti-depressants, you should avoid caffeinated products. Thus, you will have to avoid guarana too.
Uses and safe to use
After getting to know so many “not-to-do things”, you might question the importance of guarana itself. But for your information, it is safe to use in daily life. There are only a few things that you should be careful of.
Firstly, never take this with a combination that your doctor does not recommend. Second, do not exceed the safe limit and lastly, do not get yourself addicted to it.
The uses are;
- As it contains a high amount of caffeine, it will boost your body’s energy and will also reduce fatigue.
- It also improves your metabolic rate and therefore, it is highly useful in terms of weight loss.
- It contains a rich amount of anti-oxidants and therefore, it is good for your skin.
- The presence of a high concentration of caffeine also makes it beneficial to get rid of body cellulite.
- It also improves your brain performance and alertness.
So if you are feeling sleepy or have a heavy head, you can have a drink to boost up yourself.