When it comes to risotto, there’s a common misconception that it’s much more time consuming than it actually is. This is far from the truth, and a cauliflower risotto is almost as easy to make as a traditional risotto, with the added benefit of being a much healthier alternative.
If you’re looking for a healthy, low-carb and/or ketogenic diet friendly alternative to risotto, this cauliflower mushroom risotto is for you! Unlike traditional risotto, which is made with white rice, this cauliflower mushroom risotto has a creamy, cheesy texture and is surprisingly filling. As a bonus, the cauliflower mushroom risotto can be made in a slow cooker or Instant Pot, making it an easy and healthy recipe to prepare.
Cauliflower heaven. That’s where you’ll be when you rediscover risotto, made with one of our fave low-carb veggies. Creamy? Check. Satisfying? You bet. Vegetarian and indulgent? But of course!
10 + 35 mMedium
- Rinse and trim the cauliflower and shred with the coarse side of a grater, or divide into smaller florets and pulse in a food processor until rice-sized.
- Add cream, half of the butter, onion powder, and lemon juice in a large skillet and bring to a simmer.
- Add cauliflower and simmer on medium heat, stirring frequently, for 15-20 minutes or until it becomes as tender as you like it.
- Add coarsely grated parmesan cheese and let it melt while you mix it in. Season with salt and pepper.
- While the cauliflower risotto is simmering, fry the sliced mushrooms and garlic in the rest of the butter until golden. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a small, dry skillet over medium heat. Add pine nuts. Stir constantly to prevent burning. Toast until they get some color.
- Add the fried mushrooms to the risotto and stir to combine. You can also add the mushrooms on top.
- Serve the risotto with freshly chopped herbs and some extra parmesan. Top with toasted pine nuts and sprinkle with olive oil.
Just like with rice, some prefer a softer texture, and some like it al dente. Be sure to test the cauliflower mixture frequently and get it off the heat before it becomes too mushy.
Yes, for a vibrantly green dish, try broccoli instead of cauliflower. Pay extra attention to taking it off the heat before it turns into a mash. You can use any kind of mushroom you like or substitute it for seafood or other sauces of protein.
Storing the dish
This dish keeps for 2-3 days in the refrigerator and reheats great in the microwave. Perfect for a lunchbox.
vegan cauliflower mushroom risottocauliflower risotto jamie olivercreamy cauliflower risottoketo cauliflower risotto with scallopscheesy cauliflower risottoroasted cauliflower risotto,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,vegan cauliflower mushroom risotto,cauliflower risotto jamie oliver,creamy cauliflower risotto,keto cauliflower risotto with scallops,cheesy cauliflower risotto,roasted cauliflower risotto,cauliflower risotto uk,can you eat risotto on keto