The ketogenic diet is a high-fat, adequate protein, low-carb diet that has many health benefits. The keto diet has been proven to help with weight loss, diabetes, epilepsy and many other medical conditions.
If you’re stuck for what to cook for dinner, try my cheesy chicken and spaghetti squash recipe.
As a busy family of four, we’re always on the lookout for meals that are quick, simple, and tasty. This Keto Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti Squash is just that! It’s a quick and easy weeknight meal that requires little effort but still delivers amazing flavors.. Read more about keto chicken spaghetti recipe and let us know what you think.
Spaghetti squash with cheesy chicken on the keto diet
Spaghetti squash is a gluten-free, keto-friendly substitute for traditional spaghetti. To make this keto meal really cheesier and tastier than ever before, we’ll teach you how to cook spaghetti squash to perfection, then top it with a wonderful creamy mozzarella, parmesan, garlic, and chicken sauce.
- 50 + 15 m Medium
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius).
- Slice spaghetti squash in half by cutting lengthwise with a sharp knife. Be careful, it can be quite hard. Scoop out the seeds and fibers with a spoon.
- In a large baking dish or baking pan, place half cut side up. Season with salt and pepper after brushing with olive oil. Place the spaghetti squash in the oven and bake until tender, approximately 30-40 minutes depending on size. Scroll down for more comprehensive instructions with photos if you need more assistance with the pumpkin.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan. Add the ground beef and seasonings after it begins to sizzle. Fry for approximately 15 minutes, or until browned.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in the cream, cream cheese, parmesan, and two-thirds of the mozzarella cheese. Allow to boil for a few minutes, or until the sauce has thickened. Salt & pepper to taste.
- Remove the spaghetti squash from the oven when it’s done and increase the temperature to 450°F (230°C). With a fork, loosen the meat without scratching it. Gently push the meat down and pour the creamy chicken sauce over it. Finish with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and bake for 5 minutes, or until the cheese has become a beautiful golden color.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper and parsley that has been finely chopped.
How to make spaghetti squash and bake it
Step 1: Using a sharp knife, cut the spaghetti squash in half.
Step 2: Using a spoon, scoop out the seeds and fibers.
Step 3: Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Preheat the oven to 350°F and bake for 30 minutes.
Step 4: Using a fork, scrape and loosen the pumpkin flesh.
Is it possible to utilize different squash varieties?
If you don’t have access to spaghetti squash, butternut squash may be substituted. Keep in mind, though, that it has a lot more carbs than spaghetti squash. Butternut squash has 92 g net carbohydrates per pound (900 g).
How long should spaghetti squash be cooked?
It may take more or less time to bake your pumpkin in the oven depending on its size, so adjust the duration appropriately. It will take longer in the oven if you have a bigger pumpkin, approximately 2.5 lbs (1 kg).
Don’t toss the pumpkin seeds away! Remove any threads from around the seeds, then clean and rinse them well. Roast for approximately 30 minutes at 350°F (175°C) with some oil, salt, and pepper.
Do you like a little sweltering? When serving the cheesy chicken spaghetti squash, add a few drops of spicy sauce or tabasco.
For a low carb diet, a spaghetti squash may seem like an unusual keto meal. However, spaghetti squash can be used in many ways besides just spaghetti and noodles. It can be pureed into a spaghetti sauce, used to make a keto muffin, tossed into a keto salad and even stuffed with keto cheeses. You can even mix spaghetti squash with spaghetti meat sauce to get a gluten free spaghetti dish that tastes like the real thing. In this recipe, I use cheese to create a keto cheesy spaghetti squash.. Read more about keto chicken spaghetti sauce and let us know what you think.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- keto spaghetti squash recipes
- keto spaghetti squash casserole
- keto spaghetti squash
- spaghetti squash keto friendly
- spaghetti squash carbs keto