Halloumi is a cheese made from sheep’s milk, traditionally from the Cypriot island of Cyprus, and it is now made in many other countries. It has a rich, pungent flavor and is great in salads, on pizzas, and in this recipe, which is a favorite in many Mediterranean countries.
It is dinnertime and you just finished a huge meal. The kitchen is all yours and you have only one wish left, to indulge in some succulent low-carb fries, with a creamy avocado dip. Sounds delicious, right? Well, we are here to help you out.
Halloumi cheese is a Greek string cheese that’s a great low-carb alternative to hard cheese. It melts beautifully and doesn’t have the pong of real cheese. This recipe is a bit of a cook, so it’s up to you how you end up eating the dip – you can just enjoy it with the fries or you can make a full fledged starter. I’ve also included a recipe for guacamole if you want to make your dip even more tasty!
Fries with halloumi and avocado sauce
Forget all you thought you knew about halloumi cheese, and allow us to expose you to a better, crunchier, and crumblier version. Potatoes with salted halloumi and an irresistibly creamy avocado sauce. A delectable low-carb snack or a whole meal? You make the call!
- Remove the stone from the avocado before peeling it. Roughly crush with a fork.
- Combine the avocado, sour cream (or crème fraîche), and the other ingredients in a mixing bowl. Set aside until ready to serve, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Cut the halloumi into sticks lengthwise. If you don’t wipe them thoroughly with kitchen paper before putting them in the oil, they’ll spatter.
- In a deep fryer or a high rimmed pan, heat the oil at about 180°C (350°F). When it sizzles with the addition of halloumi, the temperature is just perfect. If using a skillet, pour in enough oil to cover the halloumi sticks approximately halfway before placing them in the pan.
- Preheat the oil and fry the sticks for a few minutes on each side. When they’re golden brown and crispy on both sides, they’re done. Immerse yourself in the experience and have fun!
Halloumi, whether it’s from the Greek island of Crete or the Turkish city of Izmir, is a singularly delicious cheese with a low-carbohydrate and low-fat profile. But chefs have been known to use it as a vehicle for all sorts of flavors; this recipe from chef and author Francesco Carrozza shows off the cheese’s versatility.. Read more about aldi halloumi fries keto and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is halloumi good for keto diet?
I am not a dietician, so I cannot answer this question.
Is halloumi low in carbs?
Halloumi is a type of cheese that is made from sheeps milk. It has a very high fat content, which makes it low in carbs.
Are halloumi fries bad for you?
Halloumi fries are not bad for you. Theyre a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional french fries.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- pan fried cheese keto
- keto fried cheese
- keto snacks recipes
- keto cheese recipes
- keto cream cheese recipes