If you are a food-munching individual, chances are you have tried to make cupcakes out of apples (because you thought they looked like cupcakes). Why not try a new recipe with the apple? This pie cupcake recipe is not a big hit among people, but you have to try this out.
If you love apple pie, then you are going to love these apple pie cupcakes! These delicious cupcakes are made with a simple apple pie filling, topped with a tasty cinnamon butter cream frosting.
There’s nothing better than a delicious apple pie. But when you’re tired of the same old standard, why not try taking a different approach? This apple pie cupcake recipe has a pecan crumble topping and is filled with fresh apples. It’s the perfect blend of sweet and savory, making it the perfect dessert to share with family and friends.
When the weather begins to cool, nothing beats a freshly baked apple pie. Is there anything that could possibly be better than apple pie? Cupcakes with apple pie filling! These wonderfully delicate, fluffy cupcakes are covered with delicious creamy icing and filled with the same tempting apple pie taste as the classic autumn dish. It’s a delicious way to use up in-season apples this autumn, and it’s a unique variation on a traditional dessert. Serve them at Christmas gatherings, Thanksgiving potlucks, or as a tasty snack in a lunchbox.
What Apples Make the Best Apple Pie Cupcakes?
Because of its acidic taste and firm texture, Granny Smith apples are generally regarded as the finest baking apple. This biting bite balances out the sweetness of the filling and makes these apple pie cupcakes appealing. Jonagold and Honeycrisp apples would also work nicely in this recipe, however you may want to reduce the sugar to keep the cupcakes from becoming too sugary.
Instructions for Making the Best Apple Pie Cupcakes
- Do you have a limited amount of time? Instead of creating your own apple pie filling, you may use store-bought apple pie filling. Another smart time-saving technique is to use a packaged spice cake mix.
- Drizzle your apple pie cupcakes with caramel or top them with a sprinkling of crushed chocolate-covered toffee to take them to the next level.
- A buttercream or cream cheese icing would also be wonderful. Whatever you choose, don’t forget to add a little of cinnamon to the icing!
- Make tiny versions of your apple pie cupcakes for bite-sized treats. Mini cupcakes take half the time to bake as normal cupcakes. Also, don’t stuff them too full with apple pie filling.
- To make keto-friendly apple pie cupcakes, use erythritol instead of sugar and almond flour instead of normal flour.
- Make vegan apple pie cupcakes by replacing the eggs with yogurt, applesauce, silken tofu, or flax eggs and using coconut oil instead of butter.
- To make gluten-free cupcakes, just replace all-purpose flour with gluten-free flour such as almond flour or coconut flour.
How to Keep Apple Pie Cupcakes Fresh
Keep leftover apple pie cupcakes at room temperature for up to 2 days in an airtight container. You may keep them in the fridge for up to 5 days for extended storage, although the cupcakes may dry out somewhat.
Apple Pie Cupcakes: How to Make Them
- Toss the apples with the sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, and salt to coat.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the apples are soft, approximately 5 to 6 minutes. Stir often.
- Stir in the flour until the mixture thickens slightly. Remove the apple mixture from the heat and set it aside to cool fully.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a muffin pan, place muffin liners.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a large mixing basin.
- Using a handheld mixer, beat sugar and eggs until light and frothy in a separate bowl.
- Add the butter and mix well.
- Pour in the vanilla extract.
- Half of the flour mixture should be incorporated.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl and add the milk.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Fill the muffin tins halfway with batter.
- Fill each cup with a dollop of apple pie filling.
- Preheat oven to 200°F and bake for 20–25 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- Allow to cool fully on a rack.
- To make the frosting, combine heavy cream, powdered sugar, and sour cream in a mixing bowl and whisk until firm peaks form.
- Fill a piping bag with the frosting and use it to adorn the cupcakes.
- Cinnamon should be sprinkled on top.
You don’t want the cupcakes to be overbaked. About 20 minutes into the baking process, check on them. When a toothpick put into the middle comes out clean, they’re done.
Healthy eating is all about making smart choices. And when it comes to desserts, it’s smart to pick the ones that taste good and have fewer calories, fat, or sugar. That’s why I thought it would be fun to share my Apple Pie Cupcake recipe with you.. Read more about dutch apple pie cupcakes and let us know what you think.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- caramel apple pie cupcake recipe
- apple pie cupcakes recipe
- easy apple pie cupcake recipe
- best apple pie cupcake recipe
- apple pie cupcakes with cream cheese frosting